Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Wilco will love you, baby


Scored my Wilco tickets via presale today. Gonna be on the floor for Wilco (the concert) at the UIC Pavilion. I can't speak to the sound at the Pavilion, as I've only been there for basketball games, commencement, and Barack Obama, none of which really needed to have great sound. Someone who saw Aretha Franklin at the Pavilion said that the sound isn't that bad, so we'll see. More info at the UIC Pavilion website.

In other news, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs are officially on the bill and on the schedule for Lollapalooza.

Brandon, via text: "yeah yeah yeahs replacing Beastie Boys"
Juan, via text: "meh"

We missed their set two years ago when they were slotted between The Hold Steady and Spoon on a different stage and we opted not to move from our spot. I'd probably rather watch the Yeah Yeah Yeahs than go home early, but I ain't gonna lie, I really wanted to see Beastie Boys. Like, really. Like, "if I didn't get the gold rush tickets I would have gotten a single day pass just to see them"-really-wanted-to-see-them. So, any "replacement" is going to feel like a let-down, but I'll deal. It just means I can take my time coming back from Animal Collective.

No comments:

Post a Comment