Monday, July 13, 2009

Sleep on the floor, dream about me

After seeing this Broken Social Scene video posted on Stereogum, it made me go and dig up when this arrangement performed the song at Lollapalooza in 2006.

I was not as attentive at this concert as I should have been. I was quite late, having stayed for all of Wilco, and I wasn't quite into Stars or Metric at the time (though I did dig Feist, still pre-iPod bump [ASSERTING HIPSTER CREDENTIALS ALERT]), but still, hearing this song live was an incredible experience. After Broken Social Scene finished their criminally short 45 minute set, the Red Hot Chili Peppers made the evening...much worse.

It's just that if me today was me then, I think I would have appreciated it a bit [read: a lot] more. I still don't think I would have really enjoyed the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Broken Social Scene: "Anthems for a Seventeen Year Old Girl" at Lollapalooza 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment