Sunday, July 26, 2009

Going to concerts without a phone

Brandon: Oh shit, I forgot my phone in the car.
Barb: Oh. Do you think you'll need it?
Brandon: ...nah.

and guess what, I didn't!

It was cool not holding on to it to feel for vibes, it was cool not looking at it every five minutes during a less-than-exciting opening act, it made everything go by a bit faster, and I didn't even know what time the show ended (turned out, about 2 am[!!]).

I was able to answer a couple of texts when I got back to the car, and no harm was done.

There was a part where Jamie Lidell wanted to try this experiment where everyone takes out their cell phones and everyone makes them ring all at the same time. I wasn't able to participate but it didn't really work anyway.

Liberating experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment