Tuesday, August 18, 2009

When You Were Young

There was one song that I knew I wanted to hear at Lollapalooza, going in. There was no way that the Killers weren't going to play their hits, ("Mr. Brightside," "All These Things That I've Done"...all great tracks) and there's no way the Killers weren't going to play "When You Were Young."

Then they did, and it was everything I'd hoped.



I'm not the biggest Killers fan or anything, but man can they put on a show. We were super late after Band of Horses, but all we really needed to see was the last 40 minutes or so. They ended with Mr. Brightside - All These Things That I've Done - [encore break] - Jenny Was a Friend of Mine - When You Were Young. Holy shit. [complete setlist here] Brandon Flowers said this was the biggest crowd in front of which they've ever played. They do this every night, and it looks like they do it every night, and you know what's coming, but they just do it so well.

As we're leaving I say "Hey Juan, wanna see if Jane's is still doing their encore?"

"No."

And after this, why the hell would we?

No comments:

Post a Comment