Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Got My Name From Rock and Roll

DSCF1370

American Songwiter counted down the Top 20 Jeff Tweedy Songs. Here's the list, along with a link to their post on each song:

20. The Long Cut
19. That's Not the Issue
18. Promising
17. She's a Jar
16. I Can't Keep From Talking
15. Impossible Germany
14. Wilco (the Song)
13. Gun
12. Sunken Treasure
11. Laminated Cat aka Not For the Season
10. Remember the Mountain Bed
9. Please Tell My Brother
8. Jesus, etc.
7. Heavy Metal Drummer
6. New Madrid
5. Hummingbird
4. A Shot in the Arm
3. I Am Trying to Break Your Heart
2. Ashes of American Flags
1. Misunderstood

I don't disagree too much with this list, and especially not number one, since that song provided the URL for this blogspot.

Brandon's top 20 Jeff Tweedy Songs (not in any order except for Misunderstood)--

Misunderstood
I Am Trying To Break Your Heart
Sunken Treasure
Jesus Etc.
Via Chicago
Shot in the Arm
Radio King
Dreamer In My Dreams
Someday Soon
Spiders (Kidsmoke)
Acuff-Rose
Screen Door
Gun
Too Far Apart
That's Not The Issue
Muzzle of Bees
Ashes of American Flags
Pot Kettle Black
Hummingbird
Hotel Arizona

My other list is: "The 19 songs from Being There, and 'I Am Trying to Break Your Heart'"

Edited to add: I don't really think any songs from the two most recent albums should make the list, but I will say that I feel really good when I listen to Wilco (the song).

No comments:

Post a Comment