Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Glut

This was my fourth year at Lollapalooza, and for the first time in my four years did I skip a show because of the size of the crowd.

I definitely wanted to see Santigold on Saturday, and perhaps catch a little bit of TV on the Radio before heading to catch a little of Lykke Li and all of Animal Collective.

However, headed towards the north end of the park, where Santigold and TV on the Radio played, was absolutely awful.


That incredible glut of people leaving Arctic Monkeys and watching Santigold pretty much forced us to do an about face and see Lykke Li (above). It turned out to be an alright choice because her set was pretty good, but goodness gracious, that was insane.

Usually I can tolerate crowds. Hell, I go to Lollapalooza every year, and that's 75,000 people a day. I downright enjoy them sometimes. But that was impossible. I should've taken a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment