Sunday, October 11, 2009

Vinyl Remorse

I used to get vinyl remorse when I would buy a new album on vinyl. Like "oh, well shit, I should've gotten the CD." This year it happened with the new Decemberists album and the new Thermals album. With the Decemberists I got the vinyl because it came out a week before the CD, but it didn't come with a download and I think I've only listened to it twice. The Termals did come with a download, but I still found them getting shortchanged as far as listening time. I still enjoy the albums, I just wish I had gotten them on CD.

I got the new Mountain Goats album, Life Of The World To Come on vinyl on Tuesday, and I have no remorse yet. Other than the fact that the vinyl is purple there's no difference between that and the black one. But damn, I do like purple vinyl.

Oh yeah, and the album is also really good.

Mountain Goats
Mountain Goats label website
Last Plane To Jakarta
Purple Drapes

No comments:

Post a Comment